We have a variety of prosthetics to address tooth loss, including dental bridges and single tooth dental implants. However, these are mainly designed to address the loss of one to three teeth. What if you lose a significant number of natural teeth? In these situations, we may recommend either a full or partial set of dentures.
Try Our Quiz on Dentures
- True or False: Partials can address advanced tooth loss.
- True or False: A full can replace all of your teeth.
- True or False: We can support a full with dental implants.
- True or False: Advanced tooth loss can have a negative impact on your quality of life.
- True. If you have lost several teeth and they are spread out across your mouth, but you don’t require a full prosthetic, we can prescribe a partial. The prosthetic will have the replacement teeth, along with metal clasps that attach to the natural teeth. The base will be made from acrylic and designed to mimic the appearance of gum tissue.
- True. We use this option to replace every tooth on one or both arches. Again, we will have an acrylic base that looks like gum tissue. We will also have a full row of lifelike replacement teeth. The prosthetic is typically held in place with natural suction or possibly the assistance of an adhesive material.
- True. While traditional full dentures are removable, we can also secure a fixed alternative using between six and eight dental implants. In some cases, we can also support them with as little as four.
- True. Remember, advanced tooth loss can impact your ability to eat, depriving you of number of nutritional foods. In addition, you may have trouble speaking clearly and could also feel uncomfortable with your appearance.
ABOUT YOUR WINNETKA, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-8030.