We know that a bright smile is preferable to one dulled by brown or yellow discoloration. To help remove teeth stains we have two different teeth whitening options, at-home and in-office. Which teeth whitening treatment is right for you? How do you keep your smile bright following treatment?
Try Our Teeth Whitening Treatment Quiz
- True or False: We have an at-home option.
- True or False: We can brighten smiles in one visit.
- True or False: There are two forms of discoloration.
- True or False: Preventive are can keep your smile bright.
- True. We have a system that allows you to remove teeth stains from home. We will send you home with a set of trays and a bleaching gel. Each day, you will fill the trays with gel and wear them for one to two hours. Optimal results take about a week to ten days. Many patients enjoy smiles brightened by multiple shades.
- True. If you come to the office, we can remove discoloration in one visit. After placing a protective covering over the lips and gums, we will apply a powerful bleaching gel. The gel is then activated with a light, removing stains from the surface of the teeth.
- True. The most common is extrinsic, which forms on the enamel. This can be the result of the foods and drinks we consume, as well as smoking. Both of our treatment options can address extrinsic discoloration. However, intrinsic discoloration forms below the enamel, often the result of injury, fluorosis, or exposure to certain antibiotics at a young age. We can remove minor intrinsic stains with our at-home system. For serious intrinsic stains, we can mask them with bonding, veneers, or a combination of the two.
- True. You should always brush your teeth twice a day floss once a day, and have your teeth professionally cleaned every six months.
ABOUT YOUR LINCOLNSHIRE, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-8030.