A sports injury, accident, or even a hard piece of food can sometimes lead to a chipped or possibly broken tooth. When this happens, you may feel embarrassed about your smile’s appearance. However, there is much more at stake than your smile esthetics. Repairing damaged teeth is essential for avoiding oral health complications that can threaten your smile.
Try Our Quiz on Fixing Broken or Chipped Teeth
- True or False: Dental bonding can address minor chips.
- True or False: Crowns can fix damaged teeth.
- True or False: Inays and onlays target specific areas of the tooth.
- True or False: Without treatment, a broken or chipped tooth can become decayed.
- True. Using the same composite resin we employ for dental fillings, we can repair minor chips. We apply the material after cleaning the tooth. We sculpt the tooth as it cures under a light. In one visit, we can repair and reshape the tooth.
- True. A dental crown fits over the entirety of the tooth’s visible portion. Made from lifelike materials, we can use crowns to address advanced decay, infection, and serious damage. The tooth will look natural and be proetcted from the risk of further decay or reinfection.
- True. Made from porcelain, an inlay fits between the cusps on top of the tooth and onlays fit over the cusps. We can address damaged and decay using inlays and onlays.
- True. We recommend treating the issue because otherwise the damage exposes the sensitive inner dentin to bacteria, allowing a cavity to form. Without treatment, the decay and eventually lead to infection, which requires a root canal to prevent tooth loss.
ABOUT YOUR ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-8030.